Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Home visit

I had my home visit from my midwife yesterday. I do love her.

You've got to love a lady who's full of faith enough to pray with you, and not so uptight that she can't cackle in amusement when you let a colorful word slip in response to her latest outrageous birth story, and then blush in realization...and sigh with relief when you realize you won't be put on the spiritual doo-doo list because of it. :P AND, she put my cranky, snotty 2yo down for a nap. Gotta love that. :D

My baby's LOT position, which isn't half bad for this late in the game! I'll take it. I was secretly pleased to have my personal opinion of his/her postion confirmed by a second and third guesstimate. (Her MW in training took a whack at it, too, and drew the same conclusion.)


(baby position chart from Spinning Babies...left occiput transverse; a short turn from being optimal. A few good weeks of decent birth ball posture should have us all set!)



My BP was initially a wee bit higher than usual (for me), until she encouraged me to stop talking 100mph. *blush* I sat back, snuggled my 2yo and they giggled at me trying SO hard not to talk for a minute, and my systollic magically went down to 120. I'll take it. For whatever reason, I was especially high strung yesterday about having visitors...it was nice to get a fair do-over.

I laughed at the timing of the arrival of my birth kit...I had just trekked to the bathroom with my pee cup in hand, while discussing what I still had on my "to do" list for the birth, when the doorbell rang and my MW accepted the birth kit box from our mailman for me. Whoohoo!

Now, all that's left is emergency pitocin, a birth pool liner (hopefully, for the La Bassine, as I prefer the squishy sides to the rigid sides of the aqua doula, I think), and a bottle of celebratory champagne and an ice cream cake for the "Birth Day Party" afterwards. Thankfully, my MW owns both the Aquadoula and the La Bassine, so all we have to purchase is the $20 or so liner. AND, it comes with it's own hoses and pump, so no one is left siphoning water with a garden hose out back, leaving the neighbors to wonder WHAT sort of crazy, kinky things we DO in our home. Straight into the tub the water goes, and cleanup is super easy. Gotta love that.

And, now, finally, I leave you with the best baby cake ever. I love me some Cake Wrecks.








No comments:

Post a Comment